A good education is critical to one’s success in life. In recognition of the significance of the study, Utah Tech University offers International Freshmen Merit Scholarships.
The International Freshmen Merit Scholarship is a tuition waiver based on merit for new F-1 undergraduate degree-seeking international students admitted directly into a university bachelor’s degree program.
Utah Tech University is a premier open-enrollment university with 200 academic programs and one of the lowest tuition rates in the West. The University was founded on a strong pioneering tradition of sacrifice, hard work, and kindness, all of which are still evident on campus today.
Why should you attend Utah Tech University? Utah Tech University is an open, all-inclusive, comprehensive polytechnic university with active and applied learning to help students improve their knowledge and skills and become competent, resilient, lifelong learners capable of succeeding in their careers and personal lives as creators, innovators, and responsible citizens.
Application Deadline: For Fall Semester, submit all Admission Requirements by July 1st for scholarship consideration.
Description in Brief
- Department: NA University or Organization: Utah Tech University
- Undergraduate Course Level Award: $4,500
- NA Number of Awards
- Online access mode
- International nationality
- The award can be accepted in the United States.
- Countries Eligible: Applications are accepted from all over the world.
- Courses or Subjects Eligible: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- All new F-1 international undergraduate degree-seeking students applying to Utah Tech University will be considered.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply to the university for the degree program.
- Students must submit a degree certificate as well as a copy of their passport as supporting documentation.
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA or equivalent OR an ACT score of 26+ OR a SAT score of 1240+ to be admitted.
- Language Requirements: Applicants must submit the following documents:
- TOEFL score of 68+ (reading – 22+ & writing – 24+ preferred)
- IELTS overall score of 6.0+ (Reading 6.0+ & Writing 6.0+)
- Duolingo overall score of 95+
- ACT English score of 17 or higher
- SAT Writing/Language score of 24 or higher
- CPT/Accuplacer (College Placement Test) Sentence Skills scores of 76 or higher
The award is for $4,500 for the first academic year, $2,250 for the first fall semester, and $2,250 for the first spring semester, and is only for tuition.