Swansea University is actively offering EPSRC PhD Scholarships in Design of Smart Materials to enable students to pursue a PhD degree program in the UK.
This PhD is for those who want to make a difference in how advanced materials are used in a sustainable economy. This PhD position is part of the TREFCO project, a Swansea University-led collaboration with eight industrial partners, including battery manufacturers, recyclers, material suppliers, and equipment manufacturers.
Swansea University, established in 1920, is a well-known research-intensive university with a strong academic reputation and a welcoming environment. There are approximately 330 undergraduate and 120 graduate courses available.
Why should you consider Swansea University? It gives students the tools and resources they need to realize their goals and dreams. Students at Swansea University can expect a world-class education from world-class faculty who will push and inspire them throughout their time there. Swansea University students are capable of coping with global economic challenges and adapting to a rapidly changing workplace.
Application Deadline: This grant application will only be accepted until June 22, 2022.
- Swansea University Department: NA University or Organization:
- PhD degree with full tuition and £15,609 award
- N/A (number of awards)
- Nationality: UK and International Access Mode: Online
- The award can be accepted anywhere in the UK.
- All nationalities are eligible to participate.
- PhD in Materials Engineering is an eligible course or subject.
- Criteria for Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Candidates should have a 2.1 undergraduate degree in Engineering or a related science discipline (or a non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
How to Get Started
- To apply for the program, applicants must be accepted into Swansea University’s PhD program. They can then complete the award’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form.
- Documents to Support: The following documents must be presented to the university by the students:
- CV Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter with a ‘Additional Personal Statement.’
- Two citations
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree certificate with exceptional academic achievement.
- Students must have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 (with at least 5.5 in each component) or a Swansea recognized equivalent. The English Language entry policy at Swansea University can be found here.
This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees as well as a £15,609 annual stipend.